You’ve decided to open your own online shop, but now what? Choosing the right platform to establish your online presence and host your shop is a critical decision. While Shopify has gained popularity as a user-friendly and convenient solution, there’s a compelling case to be made for the power and versatility of a custom-built e-commerce website. So, which is better?
Custom Built Ecommerce Website
- Built from the ground up, tailored to fit your unique needs
- Easily scalable and flexible as your business grows
- Better security
- Enhanced performance
- Complete ownership and control
- Higher initial cost
- Longer development time
- Maintenance and support may be harder to do on your own
- Easy set-up
- Quick launch
- Built-in features
- Hosting your website through Shopify ensures your security is always up to date
- Limited customization
- Transaction fees
- Less control over overall website experience
- Scalability challenges
So Which Is the Better Option?
In our opinion, a custom-built e-commerce website is always the better option. While there are pros and cons for both, if you work with a good website developer and website hosting, you should not only have an easy process to get your site up and running but will be able to make quick updates whenever needed as well.